San Marino boat registration
San Marino is a Member State of IMO since 2002 and started a new ship register in 2021, which ensures fast and efficient registration in Europe. The flag registration for private yachts is valid for 5 years and the procedure takes only 2 working days.
San Marino is a renowned flag that is valid all over the world. The san Marino boat registration is a highly rated IMO flag. San Marino has its own delegation to the IMO and represented offices in several countries.
Benefits of the San Marino Boat Registration
The San Marino boat registration is an extremely popular boat registration due to its fast registration process and low cost. This coupled with a prestigious flag such as that of San Marino, is sure to be a popular possibility for boat owners around all over the world.
As it is highly respected it will save you a lot of bureaucracy and red tape when entering a new marina / country. Here some benefits of the San Marino boat registration.
- Valid for 5 years
- Ready within two working days
- Low registration costs
- Easy online procedure
- Available for any nationality
- Clear and simple legislation
- No yacht inspection needed for private yachts under twenty-four meters
- No bureaucracy
- Including AIS & MMSI Radio License
- Also suitable for commercial yachts
- Suitable for renting out a private yacht
- Well known European registration
- Paris MoU White listed
- Valid in any country in the world
- Agreements with major technical organizations recognised by the IMO
- No restrictions of the nationalities of owners and crew
Available for any nationality
The San Marino yacht registry is a yacht registry available for all nationalities. In addition, you can register your yacht privately or commercially to the very popular San Marino flag.
If a company currently owns your yacht, you can use this company to register your yacht. Do you not have a company yet and would you like a company owned your boat? Yacht Registration Holland helps you to set up a company in Gibraltar, UK, Panama or Ireland.
As a non-resident of San Marino, you must have a local resident agent as your local representative. We will arrange this agent for you. This gives you an official registered agent in San Marino for only €100 per year (€500 for the 5-year registration of your license). The compensation is the same for private or company owned vessels.
How long does it take to receive a San Marino Boat Registration?
The advantage of the San Marino Boat Registration is that you will receive the registration within two working days. This means u can use the San Marino Yacht Registration instantly and makes it the fastest procedure in the world!
How much does a San Marino Boat Registration cost?
The price is based on the length of the boat:
- Boats till 10.00 meter €525
- Boats from 10.00 meter till 24.00 meter € 1600,-
- Local resident agent € 100,- per year / € 500,- for 5 year period
- Our handling & administration costs € 250,-
The additional costs are for a local resident agent and our handling & administration costs which include:
- San Marino provisional yacht registration certificate
- San Marino boat registration certificate
- San Marino AIS & MMSI Radio License
- San Marino Resident Agent for 5 years
- All San Marino taxes and fees
- Our handling & costs
Dcuments we need for a San Marino Boat Registration
- Color scan copy of your passport or ID card
- Company documents if the yacht is owned by a company (not older than 6 months)
- Bill of Sale or Builders Certificate (notarized if the yacht is under 10 meters)
- Power of Attorney (we will provide that to you)
- Proof of deletion of the previous registry (when applicable)
- Previous International Tonnage Certificate (when available)
- Completed application forms (we will provide that to you)
- Copy of your yacht insurance policy (for yachts over 24 meters)
All documents need to be in English or Italian or a formal translation needs to be provided.